1. The Bell Ringer in front of one of the Walmarts I was in today. I am in different stores several times a week and most of the time they ring their bells with a look on their face like they have the worst possible job in the world. Today, this particular Ringer was ringing his bell to the tune of Jingle Bells and dancing along with it. It was downright cute, made even cuter by the fact that he had to be 108.
2. A segment on the radio today while I was driving where they were discussing the worst possible gifts you can get for your child's teachers. They had teachers calling in with their two cents worth and some of their comments were just hilarious. BTW...for what it's worth, mugs, wooden or metal apples of any kind, and body lotions all seem to be things they would rather not get any more of.
3. The text that Mad Hatter sent me in the middle of the day that just said "I love you". AND it wasn't even because he wanted anything, at least not that he has mentioned yet.
4. Baby snuggles. Emily called today and asked if I would please please please babysit for a few hours until Dormouse got off work and could take over. She has been sick for a couple days so she was feeling all lethargic and wanted to just sit and snuggle in the chair. Sometimes I miss when my kids were little.
5. A clean garage!! I came home from work and Mad Hatter was outside cleaning out the garage. And I didn't even have to threaten to smother him with a pillow while he was sleeping.
6. A Christmas card from an old friend that I haven't seen in almost 10 years and haven't even talked to in over a year.
7. A pretty ornament from one of the managers at one of the stores I service monthly.
8. Baking Christmas cookies with a bunch of 12-13 year old boys for the bake sale we are having on Saturday. They had alot of fun and so did I.
9. A friend who called me today and asked if there was anything she could do to help me out with the bake sale on Saturday and the gift wrapping tomorrow since she cleared a bit of time in her calendar. God knows I needed some help!
10. The look on Mad Hatter's face when he found out that the reason his computer keeps crashing is because it needs a new thingamajig. Yes, I know that is not very helpful but when the person told him what it was he ordered the part and told him that he wouldn't charge labor. The look on his face was priceless when he heard this.
11. An email from my dad who just got a new computer and is back online now so it will be much easier to keep in touch with him. Course now I can't get through on his phone line to talk to him cause he is always on the computer.
12. Dinner. That I didn't have to cook. When Dormouse came home from work she brought a bunch of hot wings and fries because she knew that we had the meeting at our house tonight and that I wouldn't have time to cook. AND, she didn't want me to give her any money for it!
13. Gas for $1.38 a gallon!!!!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants