Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas!!

Okay, while I still have not quite found all of my Christmas spirit, I did find some. All presents are wrapped, except the cookbook scrapbook that I am making for Cheshire Cat. I am still putting the finishing touches on it but I am really happy with how it has turned out so far. I did some last minute shopping today but managed to stay within my budget because of some awesome sales I found. We had a nice easy dinner tonight, crockpot meatballs (THANKS GALE!!!!) and there was nothing leftover. Hot chocolate and cookies and "It's a Wonderful Life" with friends and family and the day was complete.
Caterpillar is not really happy since I told him that no present opening would commence until Cheshire Cat and her family arrived in the morning, so after extracting a promise that she would be here as early as possible, he allowed her to go home.
It's been a very strange season this time around. I went through the motions and tried my best to stick to traditions. And it worked. Today was a really good day. I wish it would have been colder, maybe snow a bit, but I live in Texas so it's not like I am surprised. Tonight was a bit different, as we usually just have family here but having friends over was good too. Surprisingly good.
Merry Christmas to all of you......I hope yours is as good as mine is turning out to be.

3 comments:

kandyblossom said...

Glad it went over well. I have an email started with some more easy crockpot meals, but got busy and haven't had time to finish it.

Hope everyone is having a merry Christmas. Everyone here, except me, is having a great day. I have been up since 8:45, crying since 9:15. Christmas is now officially my least favorite holiday.

Andi said...

That's great, Rabbit!!
Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you found some. As soon as I got me and mine to my mother's house, I found all the Christmas spirit I needed.