Sunday, March 22, 2009
Ever since the time change a few weeks ago I have had the hardest time acclimating to an actual night schedule. I was doing really good getting to bed by midnight at the latest, but for the past couple weeks I can count on one hand the times I have actually made it to bed at a decent time. I still get up at the same time in the mornings, I am just not getting enough sleep. And it sucks. Alot.
This is why I have come up with a plan.....a plan that will get me back on track, and keep me on track forever.
Everyone needs to set their clocks back one hour. (I really gotta get that hour back) We will then never touch the clocks again. EVER.
Just think of it, there are lots of benefits to this. We will never have to deal with changing the big heavy clock that sits on the wall and has to be taken down in order to move the time forward(or backwards, as the case may be). We will never have to wonder which of the eleventy gazillion clocks in the house have already been changed and which ones haven't. We will never have to deal with trying to remember how to change the clock in the car, even though we have owned the same car for 6 years and have had to change it twice a year since owning it.
Of course I will have to deal with losing that giddy feeling when time change begins.....but I think I can live with that.
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
1. You call your boss to tell them about a problem you are having in a store and 5 minutes into the call, just as you are getting completely annoyed by her because she just is NOT getting it, you figure out that you have called the wrong boss about the wrong project.
2. You park your car in a parking lot and then promptly not only forget where you parked but which car you came in.
3. You decide to do a little home bookkeeping and pay your water bill and your electric bill. Three days later you get a nice little email from the electric company letting you know that you only paid a third of your bill and to please remit the rest..NOW. So, you look up your transactions on your online banking and realize that you paid $305 to the $#&*(% water company.
4. You spend 20 minutes on hold listening to elevator music only to realize the answer to your question the second the customer service rep finally picks up.
5. You spend several hours over a period of days setting up an invoice system only to realize that you have spelled the name of the company wrong on every invoice you have printed.
6. You have medication that you have to give one of your two dogs every day and somehow get them mixed up and give it to the wrong dog, even though they look nothing like each other.
7. You consistantly pull up to get gas on the WRONG side of the car even though the gas gauge has a nifty little arrow pointing to the side the gas cap is on.
8. You go to the cable company to get a different DVR because yours has decided that recording is only an option, not a neccessity, and after standing in line for 10 minutes and setting it on the counter, you realize that you have brought in your dvd player.
9. You go to great lengths to set up your new camera and make sure the battery is charged and put it in your camera bag. You then proceed to take 36 pictures for work that day and when you get home you realize that you forgot to put in your memory card and not one of the cords that you have anywhere in the house fits your new camera.
10. You buy a birthday card for your friend and are all proud of yourself for being so organized and when you get home you realize that you forgot to grab an envelope.
11. You decide to make spaghetti for dinner and brown the meat and make the sauce and even make the salad before realizing you have NO pasta of any kind anywhere in the house.
12. You take a job as property manager without first checking how the last tenants left the property.
13. You wake up in the morning and do it all over again.
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Yesterday was kind of a bust in the working department. While I was able to get all sorts of things completed for MH and his partner, I was unable to do any of my merchandising work. Okay, no problem. I would get it done today with no problem. Right?
Yeah, right. Never works out that way. Right now I am sitting here waiting for the repairman to fix my vent. He is supposed to be here anytime now....sigh.
List of things to do today.......
*6 different store visits with at least 4 jobs in each one.
*Scout Meeting at 630pm HERE. At my house. That I have not had time to clean.
*Pick up the things that the boys need to make their patrol flag from Hobby Lobby.
*It's culture month for the Scouts so all the boys have to bring a food of their culture to the meeting. Good thing the ones that I am responsible for are Chinese and Mexican.
Those are the things that I have left to do. I have gotten some stuff completed today already. Sigh.
ETA: The #%&*@^% repairman just called to say they wouldn't be able to make it out today but would be here by 8:30 am tomorrow morning. GROWL!
Saturday, March 14, 2009
I then realized that I haven't been able to read the blogs that I usually read because, yet again....life got in the way. I hate it when that happens so I am making it a point to go through my reader and catch up on everything that I have missed while I have been "living".
Life got a little complicated there for awhile but I finally think that I have things together and hopefully get back to doing the fun things in life. Like Thursday Thirteen...I really miss it, although I have thought of a bunch of different things to do my list on...I just never got around to it.
Anyway....some of the things that have been keeping me busy lately.......
*I started playing World of Warcraft so that I could spend some quality time with Mad Hatter and decided that I actually liked it (go figure). Unfortunately, even that has suffered lately as I have maybe logged in three times in the past two weeks.
*Mad Hatter and his friend have decided to go into business for themselves. Now, this is actually a good thing because the way he is working now is costing us a small fortune in taxes. Please do not ask me how much we owe this year in taxes as this will cause me to start twitching again and I just recently stopped. Anyway, my role in their business partnership is basically secretary, shopper, planner, and all around gopher. Can I just say that they do not pay me near what I am worth?
*I am still working part time for four different companies but one of the companies that I work for has slipped precariously close to full time as I am getting at least 30 hours a week. This has made for some interesting juggling of work and home life.
*The company that I work the most hours for decided to have a three day business meeting this week in Dallas. I flew in Tuesday morning and didn't get back until Thursday night so this week was pretty much a bust for getting things done. However, they paid me for the week and also fed me so much that I had trouble buttoning my pants on Friday when I was dressing. Also, the beauty of email made it possible for me to keep up on doing estimates and printing out invoices in the evenings so I was able to keep up on that stuff and not get behind.
*I realized that the poor dog was behind on his shots and about the same time he started chewing the pads on his front paw. So taking him in to the vet for his allergy shots, regular shots, and antibiotics topped out the bill around $250.
*My car decided, since I spoke in it's presence about not wanting to have a car payment to confuse my poor checkbook at this time, that it should start falling apart on me just for a laugh, not once, not twice, but three different times. Now, on one hand the total for all of these things has not exceeded $400 and I have had use of the "company" car during his "sick" moments (which incidentally, I absolutely love and have decided that I want to keep it and pet it daily) however, it's really a pain in the butt and I am tired of dealing with taking it back and forth to the mechanics.
*This time of year there is alot of different Boy Scout events going on and damned if I can keep track of them all, even with my day planner and my lists. So many camping events and then there is the Scout show at the end of the month which we have been trying to prepare for in our spare time.
*Did I mention that I have become a property manager? Yeah, probably cause I am trying my best to forget about it myself. I did manage to find a lease template online and have modified it to serve my purposes so that was helpful. Thank you internet!!!
*This gets it's own line just cause I wanna complain about renters who trash places and leave it filled with all of their belongings and then move out. And then have the nerve to call and want their stuff back. My response? Pay for the damages, the past due rent, and my sanity...it's all yours. Until then......bite me.
*Date nights. Those are my saving grace. Mad Hatter and I decided a few weeks ago that once a week we need "us" time. And so, once a week we do something with just the two of us. I love date nights.
Okay, that is enough for this month's post. (Kidding!)