Tuesday, January 1, 2008

The Post in Which I Get a Little Sappy

Wow......I have been seriously neglecting my blog lately. I should really get better about this.
It's now a new year. Time and again I have made resolutions and by the 3rd of January, well let's just say that I have a really easy time justifying NOT doing something. This year I am resolving to NOT make any resolutions. I have goals.....but I will not call them resolutions. (Yeah.....cause by calling them something else I can justify not doing them. Sometimes I am my own worst enemy!)
My goals this year are the same as every year. The same as every one else's. Nothing new and exciting. My main goal is to just try to make it through 2008 with my sense of humor intact and what little sanity I have left.
New Years Eve in Wonderland was very staid compared to years past. I picked Dormouse up from the airport that afternoon and she decided that since she missed us she would spend the New Year with her family instead of running off to a friend's party. We spent the evening playing Mexican Train Dominos and having a blast. Yes, even Mad Hatter had a good time. We didn't even have the tv on in the background to hear the ball drop and all the hoopla that goes with that. In fact, we didn't even realize that it was midnight until we heard all the fireworks going off in our neighborhood. We were all in bed by 12:30 am but that was okay with us. We spent it doing something that we really should have spent more time doing throughout the past year. We spent it as a family, laughing, talking and just being together. Hopefully, the new year will bring more of that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had an awesome New Years Eve! And I LOVE Mex Train Dominoes :)

kandyblossom said...

How was her trip?

Sounds very similar to how we spent NYE, playing games, watching movies, together as a family. Nothing better.