Friday, January 22, 2010

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly #2

I kinda like this whole good, bad and ugly thing I have going on. Of course with my ADD issues I will probably forget about it in a couple weeks but for now it's working for me....


The Good:

*I have decided that I really enjoy hanging up my laundry and I am no hurry to buy a new dryer. We went looking at them the other day and found a few in our price range but I think we will put it off for a little bit. There is just something cathartic about hanging up the laundry on the line.
*More side jobs coming up for Mad Hatter, he is getting closer to his dream of working for himself.
*My oldest daughter gave me the best gift ever when she made me laugh so hard that I cried. She was on her way to work and had almost left her house without the lunch that she packed herself. Innocently I asked her what she packed for lunch and she said two tuna fish sandwhiches, 3 clementines, a baggie full of fresh blueberries, 2 frozen chimichangas, some yogurt and a couple nutri grain bars. She is 18 weeks pregnant and apparently is afraid of starving to death. This is the same person that barely would finish a meal before she got pregnant.
*My dad finally got the CD I ordered for him a long time ago. It is definately the one that he wanted and he is ecstatic with it.
*My friend who was in the hospital the other day is home and recovering now. They never figured out for sure what was wrong but they did rule out a bunch of really scary stuff. We are all thankful.
*It's been really nice watching my savings account balance grow again. The last few months really took a toll on it.
*I don't have all my 1099's or W2's in yet but it is looking a lot better than years past. Pray for me.

The Bad:

*Mad Hatter is becoming increasingly dissatisfied with his current job. Situations out of his control are making it impossible for him to stay in his current situation for much longer.
*I'm not sure if it's the age that Caterpillar is at now, if it's because he is a boy or because he is just trying to get on my last nerve but we are butting heads alot lately and sometimes I really would like to wring his neck. I am hoping this phase in his life passes quickly and he gets back to his fun loving normal self.
*My camera is seriously thinking about quitting on me. I probably take close to 200 pics a week on it for work and have had it for going on 2 years so I am sure that has a little something to do with it.

The Ugly:

*Mad Hatter's grandmother is not doing well at all. In fact, they do not expect her to make it through the weekend. We have already looked into air fare and it looks like he will be flying up there soon for the funeral.
*Mad Hatter's best friend's mother is not doing well either. His friend is having a real tough time of it, lots of different things going on his life that no one person should have to deal with all at the same time. His mom has been fighting cancer for the past 10 years and this latest round is winning. She is home with hospice and her family is around her.

Hoping that next weeks installment will not have any Ugly to it.

2 comments:

Andi said...

So glad to hear your friend is recovering. That had to have been quite scary.

jon said...

very cool:)